Monday 21 April 2014

2014 Teaching Update

Dear Blogging World,

I am extremely sorry for my lack of blogging over Term 1. It is easy for me to get caught up with work and that has truly happened to me this year so far. Term 1 2014 has been the busiest Term 1 I have had in my teaching career.

So here is an update on what has been going on in my teaching world. This year, I have taken on a number of positions of responsibility beginning with Year 7 Coordinator and in Term 2, I will also be the Head of Humanities. Two large roles with very different focus areas; one focusing on welfare and student management, and the other focusing on curriculum development. They are both exciting positions that challenge me to perform at my best.

In the classroom this year, I have been teaching Year 7 English, Year 9 English, Year 10 English and VCE Unit 3 & 4 History: Revolutions (for North Americans, that is Year 12 History). In Term 2, my timetable will change slightly as I will pick up VCE Unit 3 & 4 Global Politics (Year 12 Politics) and lose my Year 9 English. In short, my year is spent teaching English and Humanities which is wonderful.

One of my goals this term, as there are many, is to blog more than I did in Term 1. Myself and the team of educators that I work with have been creating wonderful teachable units which I would love to share.

So please watch out for so upcoming ideas for teaching English and Humanities in the near future.

Kind regards,

Stephania

No comments:

Post a Comment